AN EPIDEMIC IN NUMBERS!
- Almost 100 million American adults are obese--that's almost 40% of the population
- This is a sharp increase from the previous decade
- If nothing changes, it is estimated that 50% of all teenagers will be overweight or obese by the year 2030 as well as 1/3 of kids between 6 and 11 years old
- Class 3 obesity (CDC'sterm for "severely obese people 100 pounds or more overweight or with a BMI above 40) is getting out of control--8% of adults now fall into Class 3, which is up from the 6% found in 2007
DID YOU KNOW THAT OBESITY INCREASES THE RISK OF DEVELOPING A VERY LARGE NUMBER OF DISEASES?
- Heart disease and stroke
- High Blood Pressure
- Some cancers
- Gallbladder disease and gallstones
- Breathing problems such as sleep apnea and asthma?